Company Information: Equify Financial is a privately-owned, independent specialty finance company based in Fort Worth, Texas. We tailor and personalize our services for each client to build a strong relationship and a strong future for their business. We are an independent, collateral-based lender that can service customers at every financial stage of their business. With over 180 years of combined experience in the equipment finance industry, we can provide an extensive amount of knowledge and an in-depth understanding of our customers’ financial circumstances. We help our clients identify areas of growth and find creative solutions that bring more capital to their businesses.
As a Paralegal, you will play a vital role in assisting our legal department with various aspects of corporate work within the commercial financial services industry. You will report directly to the General Counsel and support the Legal/Compliance department by assisting in the management of litigation, corporate governance, corporate compliance, and operational items such as drafting and managing legal agreements.
Key Roles / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of litigation, including answering discovery, drafting pleadings, corresponding with external counsel representing the company, and responding to requests from external counsel.
- Maintain legal records and files in Case Management software on a regular basis.
- Conduct legal research and analysis on complex commercial lending matters to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial lending agreements, including loan agreements, security agreements, subordination agreements, and guaranty agreements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as underwriters, loan officers, and risk management teams, to provide legal guidance and support throughout the loan approval process.
- Review and analyze loan documentation, identifying potential risks, and recommending appropriate mitigating measures to protect the company's interests.
- Assist with the resolution of legal issues and disputes arising from commercial lending transactions, working closely with internal and external legal counsel.
- Assist with the monitoring and analysis of new laws, regulations, and guidelines affecting the company’s operations.
- Analyze and interpret regulatory requirements to ensure company policies and procedures and compliant.
- Assist in the development and drafting of internal company policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular compliance audits and risk assessments to identify areas of potential non-compliance.
- Work with all departments to mitigate identified risks.
- Assist with the development of compliance training to educate employees.
- Provide on-going support and guidance to staff regarding compliance issues and best practices.
- Maintain records of compliance activities for auditing and regulatory review purposes.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a paralegal in a similarindustry, preferably within a commercial financial services firm or law firm.
- Strong knowledge of commercial lending practices, regulations, and documentation.
- Demonstrated expertise in drafting and negotiating commercial lending agreements and conducting due diligence.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Proficiency in legal research, contract analysis, and document management software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Positions self to install equipment, including under desks.
- Moves throughout the building to access files.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to complete tasks even with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to use discretion and independent judgment as needed.
- Must be able to speak clearly on the phone and to fellow workers.
- This position is not remote.
- Limited travel (up to 10%) may be required.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical + Dental + Vision Coverage
- 401K + Company Match
- Life Insurance + Long Term Disability Coverage – 100% Company Paid
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Wellness Check Program - Insurance Premium Discounts
- EAP Resources
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)