Position Summary: The Office Assistant will be responsible for creating and maintaining an organized, hospitable office environment including greeting incoming callers and guests, coordinating conference room scheduling, maintaining stock levels in multiple break and conference areas, and assisting the executive team with administrative tasks as needed. Additionally, this role is responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating processes related to office management.
About Our Company:
Equify Financial is a privately-owned, independent specialty finance company based in Fort Worth, Texas. We tailor and personalize our services for each client to build a strong relationship and a strong future for their business. We are an independent, collateral-based lender that can service customers at every financial stage of their business. With over 180 years of combined experience in the equipment finance industry, we can provide an extensive amount of knowledge and an in-depth understanding of our customers’ financial circumstances. We help our clients identify areas of growth and find creative solutions that bring more capital to their businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the office and executive team by overseeing conference room scheduling, parking validations and corporate passes, office supply inventory, and break area inventory.
- Document, uphold, and update processes and procedures for each major area of the role including procurement, inventory management, corporate parking pass issuance, creation of parking and security badges, and other recurring tasks.
- Answer, screen, and forward telephone calls, provide information, take messages, and schedule appointments as appropriate.
- Greet and direct persons entering the office, escorting to the appropriate location and/or communicating arrival internally, providing guest security badges as needed.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail.
- Assist with company meals and luncheons by ordering, receiving, and setting up as appropriate.
- Assist with other administrative tasks upon request from the executive team.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- At least three (3) years of experience in an administrative support, office assistant, or receptionist role is required.
- High School graduate or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, or another related field is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented with ability to point out potential discrepancies and/or errors.
- Ability to maintain discretion and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Positions self to install equipment, including under desks.
- Moves throughout the building to access files.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to complete tasks even with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to use discretion and independent judgment as needed.
- Must be able to speak clearly on the phone and to fellow workers.