Financial Services Intern
Company Information: Equify Financial is a privately-owned, independent specialty finance company based in Fort Worth, Texas. We tailor and personalize our services for each client to build a strong relationship and a strong future for their business. We are an independent, collateral-based lender that can service customers at every financial stage of their business. With over 180 years of combined experience in the equipment finance industry, we can provide an extensive amount of knowledge and an in-depth understanding of our customers’ financial circumstances. We help our clients identify areas of growth and find creative solutions that bring more capital to their businesses.
- 401K + Company Match
This intern position is designed to gain understanding of the independent commercial lending industry; specifically on various types of collateral-based business loans. This role supports the multiple departments (credit, documentation, customer service, accounting) through both on-the-job and formal training. The intern will receive exposure and insight into various departments that support the independent commercial lending process both directly and indirectly.
This role is in-office only and is located at 777 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Key Roles / Responsibilities:
- Observes the actions and processes of each department.
- Gains understanding of underwriting methodologies as well as insight of the commercial lending process.
- Reviews the financial statements and other risk analysis factors for companies of different sizes and complexities across various industries.
- Performs industry research and analysis commensurate with experience level and begins to formulate quality questions to enhance the underwriting of a loan request.
- Gains understanding of the supporting roles within other internal departments outside of credit including sales, documentation, funding, customer service, legal and accounting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled in a university or College, preferably in a four-year program majoring or minoring in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business-related courses.
- Should be in good standing at their university or College.
- Recent Bachelor’s Degree recipients may be considered.
- Previous work experience in any field is preferred.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets within the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to quickly learn custom applications and systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills through previous work experience, school projects and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Must work as a member of a team with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Ability to safeguard confidential and protected information, familiarity with privacy law and company policy.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Positions self to install equipment, including under desks.
- Moves throughout the building to access files.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to complete tasks even with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to use discretion and independent judgment as needed.
- Must be able to speak clearly on the phone and to fellow workers.