Fort Worth, TX
Manage credit functions to maximize revenue while limiting the Company’s exposure to credit losses. Oversee and establish business-specific risk management practices for the approval, measurement, reporting, monitoring, control, and analysis of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
This position will be on-site at our facility located at: 777 Main Street, Suite 3900, Fort Worth, TX 76102
About Our Company:
Equify Financial is a privately-owned, independent specialty finance company based in Fort Worth, Texas.
We tailor and personalize our services for each client to build a strong relationship and a strong future for their business. We are an independent, collateral-based lender that can service customers at every financial stage of their business. Equify Financial has assisted more than 300 borrowers over the past ten years.
With over 180 years of combined experience in the equipment finance industry, we are able to provide an extensive amount of knowledge and an in-depth understanding of our customer’s financial circumstances. We help our clients identify areas of growth and find creative solutions that bring more capital to their businesses.
- Competitive Base Pay
- 401(k) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Company paid LTD
- Employee paid additional Life Insurance and AD&D
- Additional employee paid coverage includes critical illness, accident insurance, short term disability and whole life insurance plans.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily flow of credit inquiries of the company and assist in sustaining efficient credit application processing time while protecting company from losses.
- Establish department productivity goals through development and implementation of best practices to increase employee output, communication of corporate objectives and maintain overall staff organization.
- Participate in continuous improvement of systems, processes, and procedures for custody or control of records, collateral, security, and other key business activities.
- Collaborate with internal departments including sales, documentation, funding, collections, and accounting to properly close transactions.
- Approve/Decline deals (within Credit Authority approved by President) prepared by Senior/Junior Credit Analysts that detail the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Train and mentor Senior/Junior Credit Analysts.
- Consult with business owners, executives, and corresponding financial team members to understand, resolve, and provide financial solutions.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite/Evaluate the creditworthiness of client companies through analyzing financial statements, developing pro-forma cash flow models and undertaking risk assessment analysis to determine suitability of various types of lending proposals.
- Review and approve legal documentation pre/post-closing to fund deals.
- Train and mentor Documentation Specialists (if applicable) and Service Specialist(s) (if applicable).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or other length of prior experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of business and leadership principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, management technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Equipment finance knowledge of various industries and product offerings within, such as construction, transportation, energy, real estate, manufacturing, aviation, and/or agriculture
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in providing solutions when presented with hurdles to overcome.
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers and potential customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Safeguarding confidential and protected information covered by privacy law and company policy.
- Must work independently and as a member of team