The Accountant will perform end-to-end accounting functions to include various routine (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual) accounting and financial tasks, ad hoc reporting, projects, and other duties as assigned.
This position will be on-site at our facility located at: 777 Main Street, Suite 3900, Fort Worth, TX 76102
About Our Company:
Equify Financial is a privately-owned, independent specialty finance company based in Fort Worth, Texas.
We tailor and personalize our services for each client to build a strong relationship and a strong future for their business. We are an independent, collateral-based lender that can service customers at every financial stage of their business. Equify Financial has assisted more than 300 borrowers over the past ten years.
With over 180 years of combined experience in the equipment finance industry, we are able to provide an extensive amount of knowledge and an in-depth understanding of our customer’s financial circumstances. We help our clients identify areas of growth and find creative solutions that bring more capital to their businesses.
- Competitive Base Pay
- 401(k) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Company paid LTD
- Employee paid additional Life Insurance and AD&D
- Additional employee paid coverage includes critical illness, accident insurance, short term disability and whole life insurance plans.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance
- Perform day-to-day accounting duties such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury (processing deposits/ACH transactions), fixed assets, sales tax reporting, etc.
- Assist with month-end close procedures and follow through on various month end tasks, including preparation of journal entries, analyzing accounts/activity, etc.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Involved with departmental cross-training – back-up other positions as needed
- Assist with forecast/budget processes and developing/reporting of metrics/KPI’s
- Assist with internal/external audits (financial and tax)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Comfortable in fast-paced, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency
- Deal effectively with ambiguity: cope with change well, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can work independently but know when to ask questions and potentially reduce ambiguity
- Team player / generalist – willing to pitch in where/as needed
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., macros, charts/graphs, pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Aptitude for learning/growing (intellectual curiosity)
- Lending/leasing industry experience helpful (exposure to multiple industries ideally)
- Microsoft Business Central / NAV experience (ideal but not required)
- Work closely with Assistant Controller, Controller, and CFO, comfortable dealing with all levels in organization
- Sensitive to confidential information
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related BS/BA degree with relevant accounting work experience)
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Able to read, speak and write in English
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintain them over time
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty strives for excellence in all activities employing accompanying communication
- Dependable, reliable, and capable of fulfilling responsibilities
Equify Financial, a Wilks Brothers company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”